Senior Buyer - £35K
- 1st Executive Limited
£30,000 to £35,000 per annum + Benefits
- Strategic Purchasing
- Start date:
- Are you an ambitious individual looking to progress your a career in Procurement? Our client, a leading UK 'Blue-Chip', based in Worthing, is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer. This is a development role for an individual with procurement or supply chain experience, and with a desire to fast-track their career in a Procurement function undergoing significant transformation and up-skilling.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the jobholder will assist with the procurement of Engineering, MRO and Construction solutions on a group wide basis. With a large pipeline of imminent projects this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a range of Procurement skills including spend analysis, market research, supplier identification, contract negotiation, as well as post-contract supplier performance and contractual adherence. The jobholder will be expected to support the full lifecycle sourcing process providing value analytical expertise across the RFX process. In turn, it is expected that the jobholder support the supplier relationship management of key vendors.
Furthermore, the jobholder will use Excel and Power Point to create MI and reporting packs for presentation to key stakeholders. The jobholder will also be required to manage the e-sourcing tool kit to host online supplier negotiations.
* Demonstrates some experience of operating in a Buyer capacity in an established procurement function
* Ideally presents some experience of supporting contract negotiations for Engineering, MRO and Construction
* Analytical and logical nature, highly numerate with demonstrable experience of using Excel and SAP BW
* Confident communicator with an engaging personality
* Ideally Degree qualified (or equivalent)
Find out more about 1st Executive Limited, and any other vacancies here.